Senses Fail is thrilled to share their brand new song and video, “Gold Jacket, Green Jacket…,” premiering now via Loudwire. The track comes from the band’s forthcoming 7th full-length album, If There Is A Light, It Will Find You. The new 12-song album will be released on February 16th, 2018 via Pure Noise Records and can be pre-ordered now here.
On the new single, singer Buddy Nielsen shares: “This song is an attempt to give a voice to the millions of people struggling every day to follow their dreams and passions. We as a generation have endured and sacrificed much more than our elders give us credit for. War, climate change, mass shootings, economic uncertainty and crippling debt are just some of the struggles that we have been handed by the generation before us, all while be told we aren’t doing enough to succeed. Despite all this we are strive to do what’s right, follow our hearts and try to leave this world a better place.”
If There Is A Light, It Will Find You was produced by Beau Burchell (Moose Blood, Saosin, Hands Like Houses) and is the first time singer Buddy Nielsen has fully written the entirety of the album alone. Nielsen experienced life-altering changes over the past two years that have contributed directly to the making of this record. The band has always been known for pushing boundaries lyrically and addressing topical issues from stage during a live show, but this time around you can feel the weight of uncontrollable stressors wearing down on Buddy as he navigates the listener through his personal life, from song to song.
Fans will notice a dramatic shift back to the band’s rock roots, honing the sound they realized on iconic records like Let It Enfold You while also embracing the future of the band and personal experiences like both the loss and birth of a child. Underneath the album’s brighter, melody-driven exterior lurks a dark fascination with the concept of mortality – creating a juxtaposition of light and shadows that directly reflects on Senses Fail’s marked history.
Senses Fail will be hitting the road for a full U.S. tour next month with support from Reggie and the Full Effect, Have Mercy, and Household. The month-long run kicks off on February 27th in Santa Ana and wraps up on March 31st in Las Vegas, bringing Senses Fail’s high-energy and passion-driven live show to fans across the country. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit http://sensesfail.com/.
Senses Fail is Buddy Nielsen (Vocals), Gavin Caswell (Guitar), Greg Styliades (Bass), Steve Carey (Drums) and Jason Milbank (Guitar).
If There Is A Light It Will Find You Track Listing:
- Double Cross
- Elevator to the Gallows
- New Jersey Makes, The World Takes
- Gold Jacket, Green Jacket…
- First Breath, Last Breath
- Ancient Gods
- Is It Gonna Be The Year?
- “You Get So Alone At Times It Just Makes Sense”
- Orlando And A Miscarriage
- Shaking Hands
- Stay What You Are
- If There Is Light, It Will Find You
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- 2/27 – Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory
- 2/28 – Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theater
- 3/2 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar & Grill
- 3/3 – Austin, TX @ Barracuda
- 3/5 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- 3/6 – Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum
- 3/7 – Orlando, FL @ House Of Blues
- 3/9 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
- 3/10 – Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
- 3/11 – Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
- 3/13 – Millvale, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theatre
- 3/14 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew’s Hall
- 3/16 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
- 3/17 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- 3/18 – Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of The Living Arts
- 3/20 – Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
- 3/21 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 3/22 – Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre
- 3/23 – Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
- 3/24 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- 3/26 – Seattle, WA @ Neumos
- 3/27 – Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
- 3/29 – San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
- 3/30 – San Diego, CA @ The Observatory North Park
- 3/31 – Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl
For More Information: