New Found Glory has announced a concert to benefit Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. With intimate acoustic sets from friends Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional) and Ryan Key (Yellowcard), this special show will take place at Pompano Beach Amphitheater on May 16, 2018. 100% of the proceeds including ticket sales, concessions, merchandise and sponsorships from this show will be given to The Official Broward Education Foundation Victims’ Fund. Tickets for #ParklandStrong go on sale to the general public on today, Monday, March 5th at 10 AM and can be purchased at pbamp.com and axs.com.
Along with this show announcement, the band shared the following note:
“The members of New Found Glory would like to start by saying this is a statement that we wish we never had to write in the first place. Our hearts are broken, and we cannot imagine the pain the victim’s families, friends, students, teachers, and anyone else impacted by the recent tragedy at MSD must be feeling.
While we feel there are no words that we can say or do to fix this in any way, we wish to let you know that our hearts are heavy with the pain that this event has caused to so many. We want to stress that the most important part of the grieving process is to focus on the healing of those affected by this senseless act. As some of you may or may not know, half of our band went to MSD so it is important to us that we do as much as we possibly can to help the school and families of the victims. They deserve our love, support, and help, and we will help in any way we can.
We have decided that, in an effort to help raise funds for those impacted by the events at MSD and to honor the victims and heroes, NFG will be playing a benefit show at Pompano Beach Amphitheater on May 16th. Tickets will go on sale Monday, March 5 at 10am ET. Also joining us will be Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional) and Ryan Key (formerly of Yellowcard).
All proceeds from the show will be donated to the official Broward Education Foundation Stoneman Douglas Fund who provide relief to those affected by this tragedy.
In addition to the show, we are releasing a MSD inspired t-shirt, available on our web store, with all the profits also going towards the Broward Education Foundation Stoneman Douglas Fund. We are, and always will be, proud to be part of the Coral Springs/Parkland community. We love you all, and together we will get through this, one day at a time. #parklandstrong”
Broward Education Foundation, in close coordination with GoFundMe, announced an agreement with the National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC) to develop and implement a fund distribution plan to provide direct financial support to the families of those killed or injured in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Broward Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit direct support organization solely dedicated to raising funds for students and teachers in Broward County Public Schools, serves as the central repository for the Official Stoneman Douglas Victims’ Fund and will organize a local steering committee responsible for setting the fund’s distribution policy.
Current sponsors donating time and services include: New Found Glory with Le Grand Music and APA – Agency for Performing Arts, City of Pompano Beach Parks Department, Broward County Sheriff’s Department, Pompano Beach Fire and Rescue, Entercom Radio Group, AEG Presents, PCI – Professional Concessions Inc., TES Production, Kay Renz Public Relations, DAK Security and Staffing, Pompano Beach Cultural Center and AXS Ticketing.
Following this special show, New Found Glory will kick off The Sick Tour with support from Bayside, The Movielife, and former Yellowcard vocalist Ryan Key. All tickets are on-sale now at http://newfoundglory.shofetti.com/.
- 5/16 – Pompano Beach, FL @ Pompano Beach Amphitheater*
- 5/17 – Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
- 5/18 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade (Heaven)
- 5/19 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
- 5/20 – Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- 5/22 – Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
- 5/23 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Electric Factory
- 5/25 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
- 5/26 – Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix Concert Theatre
- 5/27 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony Summer Stage
- 5/29 – New York, NY @ Playstation Theater
- 5/30 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
- 6/1 – Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot
- 6/2 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
- 6/4 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 6/5 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 6/6 – St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 6/8 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 6/9 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- 6/11 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
- 6/12 – Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
- 6/14 – San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
- 6/15 – Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl
- 6/16 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
- 6/17 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 6/19 – Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
- 6/21 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s Austin
- 6/22 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
* – #ParklandStrong Benefit Show w/ Chris Carrabba and Ryan Key
Over their span of 20 non-stop years in the music industry, New Found Glory have released 9 studio albums, 1 live album, 2 EPs and 3 cover albums. New Found Glory is Jordan Pundik (lead vocals), Chad Gilbert (guitar), Ian Grushka (bass guitar) and Cyrus Bolooki (drums).
For Updates on New Found Glory, Please Visit: