LOS ANGELES, CA., JANUARY 8, 2019 – We are excited to announce that Fairy Fencer F™: Advent Dark Force will be arriving on the Nintendo Switch™ via Nintendo eShop™ on January 17, 2019! The Nintendo eShop™ release will include all 25 DLC available in the original PlayStation®4 release. The European version will be released by Ghostlight.
The game will also have a 20% launch discount off the $39.99 price for the first two weeks. Lastly, there is a new battle screenshot batch that showcases the different battle systems players will need to use and strategize for battle! Check out battle screenshots and descriptions below:
Players will need to be aware and strategize the following actions you’ll need to make during battle: the Action Window, Attack, Wait, and Command. The move sets chosen will ultimately effect the overall turn order shown on the Action Window. Within the Command option, players will have five options to choose from:
- Skills/Magic – Use your SP to use special attacks, heal HP, or other command buffs to help Fang and the gang through tough battles. Note that some skills require HP to use.
- Items – Utilize items wisely to heal HP/SP, remove status effects, and revive party members that are knocked out.
- Special – Each character possesses their own Special command with unique effects. “Fang’s Serious Face” Special, increases his attack power by 1.5x, while “Pippin’s Persuade,” if successful, will make Pippin attempt to “negotiate” with the enemy and drive them away.
- Switch – This allows players to swap in reserve party members (Have up to 6 party members on the field!)
- Fairize – Once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level, characters can Fairize, which transforms your characters into powerful beings! During their Fairize state, a character’s attack and defense becomes much stronger. Players, however, must take caution of the Tension Gauge as characters will be forced out of the Fairize state once the gauge gets too low.
Long ago, a war waged between the Vile God and the Goddess.
The battle was fierce; the two were equally matched. Finally, both sides unleashed special weapons that contained fairies imbued with their power. Using this power, each god sealed away the other within another world. And so, time passed…
The weapons that the Goddess and the Vile God left were called Furies, and the warriors who used them were called Fencers. Rumors arose that the Furies were so powerful, whoever collected them all would be granted one wish. As a result, Fencers fought each other endlessly to obtain them.
By chance, a young man named Fang happened to unwittingly become a Fencer, and saved a girl named Tiara. And she, too, was a Fencer.
From that day forward, Fang found himself an important part of the battle between the Goddess and the Vile God.
- Three Stories, Three Paths! In the three stories to play – the Goddess story, the Vile God story, and the Evil Goddess story – friends become foes, foes become friends, and based on your choices, multiple endings can be unlocked!
- Three Ways to Fight and Fairize! Play in Easy, Normal, or Hard mode and switch the difficulty up whenever you want to balance the game to your play style!
- Three’s a Crowd, Six is a Party! With up to six party members on the battlefield at a time, you can play as all your favorite Fencers!
- Shape the World Around You!Customize weapons by fusing them with fairies and change dungeons stats through world-shaping. Even power up Fencers through the fairies’ power to transform, or Fairize, during battle and change your world!