LOS ANGELES, CA., JANUARY 9, 2019 – Jump back into reality and explore the hidden truths in the real world. We are happy to announce that the upcoming February 19 (NA) and February 22 (EU) PlayStation®4 release of Death end re;Quest™ will be available for pre-order on the PlayStation™Store starting January 15!
PSN users can grab the Deluxe Bundle with the Season Pass, which includes the game and all DLC priced at $74.99. PS+ users will also get the chance to get 15% off the bundle and EARLY ACCESS to the Summer Swimsuit Bundle. The season pass will be available for purchase separately post-launch for $19.99 (14.99 for PS+ users). Season Pass holders will be able to access each DLC according to its release date.
*Note: PSN pre-order is exclusive to North America.
There is also a new Real World + Investigation screenshot batch! Players must jump back from the World’s Odyssey (W.O.D.) and into the real world to unfold the mysteries of Enigma Games and W.O.D. Meet a colorful cast in the Real World, through the lens of a visual novel, as they assist Arata in helping his dear friend, Shina, escape the terrifying World’s Odyssey.
Last, but not least, the official website has updated character information and introduces Arata’s allies: Sumika Tokiwa, Natsuo Munakata, Rin Asukaze, and Lydia Nolan.
- Sumika Tokiwa – A coworker of Arata and Shina’s who works as a programmer on a project separate from World’s Odyssey. As soon as she discovers that Shina, whom she considered to be a sister, was stuck inside of W.O.D., she teams up with Arata to extract her.
- Natsuo Munakata – A former employee of Aggle, Inc. who left to begin his own business. While at Aggle, he worked as an account manager, overseeing Enigma Games’ licensing and development with the Alice Engine.
- Rin Asukaze – Head secretary to the CEO of Enigma Games. Whenever Arata has trouble, she often serves as a guide to illuminate the path ahead of him.
- Lydia Nolan – A foreigner who works as a character designer for Enigma Games. She prides herself on being an otaku, flaunting her decked-out itabag and collection of figurines at her desk.
Arata Mizunashi, a video game programmer, receives a notification from an email sent to him by Shina Ninomiya, a colleague of his who went missing nearly one year ago. Together, they worked to create World’s Odyssey (W.O.D.), an immersive virtual landscape powered by breathtaking, state-of-the-art technology. That is, until Shina’s sudden disappearance put a swift halt to production. Arata discovers the startling revelation that Shina Ninomiya was stuck inside of “W.O.D.” the whole time. When Arata delves hurriedly back into the lines of code haunting his forsaken project, he realizes that his game is now ravaged by an infestation of bugs, and that Shina is its only active player.
Arata soon learns that a nefarious force prevents him from extracting Shina out of the game. Her only way out? She must complete the game to unlock the perfect ending—an outcome with a success rate of 1%. On their journey, they encounter a slew of NPC characters that blur perceptions of humanity and A.I.-technology, setting into a motion a thrilling narrative that calls into question the differences between the virtual world and ours.
Little do they know what horrors await them on both sides of the screen…
- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?– Jump between reality and in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in the real world view to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey, and switch to an in-game view mode to battle against glitched-out monsters. Choose options wisely, as your decision can change the game’s ending!
- Turn-Based RPGs Flipped Upside Down– In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely and duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game’s genre from a first-person shooter to even a fighting game!
- You’re Buggin’ Out– While exploring, players will need to activate character-specific dungeon skills to access hard-to-reach areas and hidden treasures!
- Follow the White Rabbit and Discover a Bug Infested World– In this hyper-realistic game world, players must help out Shina escape a game universe filled with infected bosses and mesmerizing environments!