Developer Auroch Digital and publisher Ripstone Games are proud to announce that its Weird World War game Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is coming to Nintendo Switch on January 24th. It will be available for £19.99 / $24.99 / €24.99.
Based on the hugely popular tabletop RPG from Modiphius Entertainment, Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is an occult turn-based strategy game pitting players against a rogues’ gallery of Lovecraftian beings controlled by the Nazis. You’ll have to use your cunning military tactics, along with some nifty supernatural powers, to save the world. Set in an alternate history of World War II where the Nazis’ investigations into the occult have resulted in the summoning of Lovecraftian monsters, you’ll have to take the reigns of Charlie Company, an elite band of allied forces sent in to do the impossible; foil the Nazi plans and turn the tide of war.
“Being able to play a turn, then put your system to sleep and carry on the fight against the Nazis and Lovecraftian monsters when you next have the time feels great,” said Mike Daw, Producer at Auroch Digital. “Whether playing a quick round in handheld, or a full-scale skirmish on your TV, Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics on Switch is a perfect fit.”
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favor.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit’s sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customize your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.
Watch the Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics developer walkthrough here:
About Auroch Digital
Founded in 2010, Auroch Digital is a Bristol-based indie development studio that works both on original titles and work for hire projects, specializing in strategy games. Prior works have included Ogre, Last Days of Old Earth, and the Chainsaw Warrior series. It’s now working on the video game adaptation of UK Games Expo and Ennies winning tabletop strategy game Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics.
About Ripstone Games
Ripstone® is a global independent video games label founded in 2011 by game and film industry veterans. They fully fund the development, distribution and marketing of video games made by elite creative teams. They have financed and published 17 games across 45 SKUs, with global sales of over 10 million units.
Ripstone’s back catalogue includes Ironcast, Stick It To The Man, Pure Pool, Pure Hold’emand Chess Ultra. At their home in Liverpool, England they also have a world-class internal development team, whose credits include Plague Inc, Chess Ultra and The Spectrum Retreat.
The whole company focuses on providing a total, personal support service for developers, empowering them to make the very best PC and console games, ensuring gamers know about them, then rewarding the teams for success. They are particularly noted for their outstanding ability to nurture new and small developers. www.ripstone.com