Deep in the coldest regions of Fortuna‘s Orb Vallis lies a frigid, foreboding story waiting to be uncovered. In Warframe®‘s newest update, Operation: Buried Debts, available now for free on PC, Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes will challenge Tenno new and old to band together in its first, time-limited Community Event of 2019 to unlock hidden secrets and dark lore. To thwart the bitter cold and the dread it brings, the 39th Warframe Hildryn arrives in heavy armor and shield-based powers, adding depth and power to a healthy stable of 38 playable Warframes.
Operation: Buried Debts poses a disturbing new wrinkle to the evolving story of Fortuna‘s debt-internment colony. Following the original expansion and the subsequent update, The Profit-Taker, Tenno are thrust into a new storyline that re-defines the cynical deal Nef Anyo holds over the Solaris United Faction. Teaming up with your fellow Tenno won’t just be a good idea, it will be a must!
Players hungry for a new warframe play-style and dynamic new visual aesthetic should enjoy Hildryn, the newest warframe. Unlike most Warframes, Hildryn draws from her Shields to fuel her Abilities, while Energy works to recharge them. Take her to the skies and rain down destruction with a powerful set of offensive and team-based tools! See more details below.
- HILDRYN’S ABILITIES; UNIQUE REWARDS
- Balefire: Charge and launch devastating bolts of fire.
- Shield Pillage: Pillage a percentage of Shields and Armor of nearby enemies to replenish her own Shields and Overshields.
- Haven: Create a Shield aura around allies. Enemies that approach Shielded allies will take damage.
- Aegis Storm: Take the skies and rain Balefire rockets down on the enemy. Nearby enemies are blasted into the air where they will create an Energy Orb every few seconds. When Shields runs out the enemies are smashed into the ground.
- Unlock Rewards: Earn unique items throughout the Operation such as an Emblem, Sigil, Amalgam Mods, and the Opticor Vandal, but you’ll need to take down a tremendous foe to unlock your final reward. You’ll find your first clue waiting for you in the Vallis.
- Enhance Yourself: Earn Hildryn’s specialized new Surator Syandana and Asuron alt helmet, the Corpus Quaro Syandana, and wield her signature heavy weapon, the Larkspur, a unique and menacing Arch-gun with a wild initial attack that locks onto a target then chains other targets close to the first.
- OTHER ADDITIONS:
- Mod Your K-Drive: Earn increased Standing faster by competing in K-Drive races around the Orb Vallis! Then unlock new modular parts to customize the K-Drive
- Ephemera!: There is a whole new way to customize Warframes. Earn new Ephemera effects in a variety of ways: Arbitrations, the Stalker, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaughts
- Limbo Deluxe Has Arrived: Become one with the Sentients as the illusive, deceptive Limbo! Available now in the Marketplace, the Limina Limbo Deluxe Skin, Tarock Thrown Blade Skin, Interga Sugatra, and the Sidereal Syandana are purchasable as individual items or as part of the Limbo Deluxe Bundle
- Tatsu Sword: Fearsome and noble, the elegant two-handed Nikana is the pride of any arsenal
- Curly Hairstyles: Give Operators a fresh look with one of three new curly hairstyles
INTRODUCING MELEE CHANGES: PHASE 1
Phase 1 of the much-anticipated Melee revamp is here! With these changes, players will experience more fluid combat and a smoother, faster, bolder system to harness as they slash through the Origin System. Beyond instant weapon-melee switching, when interrupting a melee combo with gunfire, dodging, bullet jumping, or any parkour, players’ next melee attack will resume the combo where it left off (within a window). Find more details in our Dev Workshop.
Following last year’s open-world debut with Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna is a sweeping open-world landscape on the visionary terraformed planet of Venus, giving both new players and veterans a chance to quickly access entirely new gameplay content, all for free. Explore the huge new terrain on foot, hop on the radical Bondi K-Drive Hoverboard, or soar through the air via Archwing and lose yourself exploring, hunting, mining, fishing, and facing off against the nefarious Nef Anyo. Buried Debts is the second major update toFortuna, following The Profit-Taker, currently available on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 38 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.