The Tetris® brand is taking the fashion and beauty world by storm. As the iconic video game brand celebrates its 35th anniversary, The Tetris Company, Inc., today announced the biggest expansion of its lifestyle product offering to date with a slate of highly fun, unique collections by many of the fashion and beauty industries’ most on-trend and innovative brands. The new product lines will debut, respectively, at each brand’s online or retail locations in the United States, China, Japan and beyond in 2019.
“It’s the Tetris brand’s 35th anniversary and our most stylish year yet. We are very excited to announce an incredible slate of new licensee partners, consisting of many of the hottest names in beauty and fashion, who will be introducing new Tetris-inspired collaborations in the coming months,” said Maya Rogers, President and CEO of Blue Planet Software, the sole agent for the Tetris brand. “From makeup and accessories to T-shirts, day wear, socks, baby gear and more, fans will have a range of smart, modern designs to show their distinct personalities and affinity for Tetris.”
New Tetris Fashion and Beauty Licensees
Partners who will introduce new Tetris-branded collaborations in 2019 include:
Collections Coming to the United States
- FairPlay: A Los Angeles-based clothing brand, inspired by action, FairPlay set out to not just talk about what needs to change, but to create those changes. Its mission is to prove that ‘All Is Fair’ and to unshackle ourselves from the conforming and accepting the norm, standing for those that blaze their own path and live life as freethinkers. Beginning in fall, FairPlay will introduce its Tetris-brand collection including graphics t-shirts, hoodies and sweatpants.
- ipsy: Inspiring individuals around the world to express their unique beauty, ipsy connects their community of over 3 million members with one another to discover new products, looks and brands that highlight their personal beauty preferences. The experience is centered around the Glam Bag and Glam Bag Plus, a personalized package filled with five of the latest makeup and beauty products for them to try. In June, ipsy will introduce a limited-edition Tetris x ipsy Glam Bag and cosmetic collection to celebrate Tetris’ 35th anniversary.
- Kanga Care: A provider of high-quality cloth diapers with patented leak protection, in addition to baby accessories and gear. For millennial parents and Tetris fans alike, this June, the company will launch the first line ever introduced of Tetris-branded items for babies, including diapers, diaper covers, blankets, changing pads and more.
- Sock It to Me: Since 2004, Sock It to Me has been making awesome things you can wear that bring out your colorful confident self, including bold socks and underwear that laugh defiantly at the world’s expectations. This summer, they’ll debut new Tetris-brand socks for men and women.
Collections Coming to China
- GXG: Established in 2007, GXG is dedicated to fusing classic style with popular elements inspired from prevalent trends. It also strives to be young and appealing, which is reflected in its spiffy cutting, fancy color matching, high-quality fabric choice and innovative technologies. The brand aims to offer the new generation of young Asian men a distinctive, chic, and premium dressing choice. GXG will introduce its Tetris-brand collaboration this summer at more than 1,000 GXG standalone and online stores in China.
- PEACEBIRD: One of the top fashion brands in mainland China, PEACEBIRD’s mission is to “Let Everyone Enjoy the Fun of Fashion” by providing customers with fashion products of high quality at competitive prices. The brand premieres its new Tetris capsule collection for its women label Peacebird Women, including dresses and tops, this spring / summer.
Collections Coming to Japan & U.S.
- Baroque Japan: A provider of fashion-savvy apparel and accessories for men, women and children, their brand MOUSSY will introduce a new Tetris 35th anniversary T-shirt collection in Japan, as well as exclusively in the United States at their Soho NYC location, this June.
Collection Coming to Markets Worldwide
- MC2 SAINT BARTH: Offers beachwear collections designed for a man who loves to be elegant and trendy when he goes to the beach, with a perfect fit, shining colors and great fast drying microfiber. This spring, the company will introduce new board shorts for men featuring the iconic Tetriminos. Saint Barth MC2 products are available on www.mc2saintbarth.com.
These new fashion and beauty collaborations were secured in partnership with the Tetris brand’s growing global licensing agent network, including Blitz Licensing in the United States, IMG in Asia, Dentsu Inc. in Japan and Maurizio Distefano: The Evolution of Licensing in Italy.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. Now celebrating its 35th anniversary year, the brand continues to be loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. The Tetris brand’s global licensee network includes major video game publishers, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and Sega, as well as many partners in electronics, toys, apparel, lifestyle goods, entertainment and more. Tetris Holding, Inc., is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, Inc. is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.