On Saturday, April 13, 2018, To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA) will host its 7th Annual Run For It 5k. The event started in 2013 as a new way for the organization to connect with the people in their community and to share their mission of spreading hope and finding help for those struggling with mental illness. Since then, the Run For It 5k has evolved from a single-community race to thousands of people participating virtually in all 50 states and over 16 different countries across the globe.
“We’re so excited to host the Run For It 5K again. Each year is an opportunity for us to bring the message of hope and help to even more people, both virtually and locally,” said TWLOHA Race Director Elizabeth Wilder. “We believe mental and physical health go hand-in-hand, and the Run For It 5k encourages those conversations to happen not only in our hometown, but in so many different communities around the world.”
To register for the Run For It 5k as a virtual or local runner, purchase your Run For It 5k pack (includes an official race shirt, bib, and response card) and sign up at RunForIt5k.com.
TWLOHA has also set a goal to raise $75,000 to invest into hope and help. People are encouraged to create their own fundraisers or donate to the campaign at https://give.twloha.com/campaign/2019-run-for-it-5k/c219854.
The local race will be held at the David R. Schecter Center in Satellite Beach, FL. All local, registered runners will be provided with a free pancake breakfast following the race. TWLOHA will also be presenting awards, offering family-friendly activities, and giving away dozens of raffle prizes as well.
Individual registration costs $27 ($32 on race day). For teams (four runners or more), registration costs $24 per individual – team registration will be unavailable on race day. Children 11 years and under are $17 beforehand and on race day. Breakfast is included for all registered runners, and for friends and family coming to cheer runners on, extra meal tickets can be purchased for $5 each.
For more information about the Run For It 5k, or if you are interested in becoming a sponsor or volunteer, please contact RunForIt5k@twloha.com.
To Write Love on Her Arms is a nonprofit dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. It exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. Since its start in 2006, TWLOHA has donated over $2.3 million directly into treatment and recovery and answered over 200,000 messages from over 100 countries.
Run For It 5k Details
- TWLOHA is hosting its 7th Annual Run For It 5k fundraiser on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
- People can participate virtually from wherever they are or in the local race being held at the David R. Schecter Center in Satellite Beach, FL.
- Race begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Early registration costs $27 for individuals and ends April 13. After, registration is $32. Team registration costs $24 per runner on or before April 13. There must be a minimum of four runners per team. Team sign-up is not available on race day.
- The event brings together the importance of both mental health and physical health.
- TWLOHA is a nonprofit that presents hope and finds help for people struggling with mental illness.