Independent video game developer and publisher The Behemoth announces Castle Crashers Remastered will be coming to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 consoles this Summer.
Hack and slash your way to victory in this Remastered edition of the popular 2D arcade adventure from The Behemoth! Up to four friends can play locally or online and save your princess, defend your kingdom, and crash some castles!
Castle Crashers Remastered features the following updates to the base game:
- A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s frantic and weird.
- Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game
- CCR runs at 60 frames per second. The original ran at 30 frames per second which feels kind of like a slideshow if you go back to it after trying this new one.
- All previously released downloadable content like characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available in-game
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
Harnessing the unique hardware, the Switch version will feature HD Rumble implementation, Switch Online, and various local multi-controller support.
The PS4 version will light up your living room with your favorite knight color via controller lightbar support.
“We’ve always eyeballed Nintendo’s platforms with a very warm heart. The Nintendo Switch is perfect for us to make our return on and it brings with it the ability to have our games be portable. We always wanted to get onto the 3DS due to portability, so this is exciting for us!” (Dan Paladin, Co-founder/Art Director)
Celebrating 10+ Years of Crashing Castles:
ABOUT THE BEHEMOTH
Founded in 2003, The Behemoth is an independent game developer that self publishes on Steam, Xbox One, Windows 10 and the Playstation Network. We specialize in making memorable experiences that are both fun to play and beautiful to look at. Making stuff with our hands and meeting the people who play our games helps the Behemoth make video games and toys that will make your brain explode!