Today Troglobytes Games and Hound Picked Games are pleased to announce that rogue-lite twin stick snatch, zap and shoot ‘em up, HyperParasite, is launching on Steam Early Access on April 3rd and will be playable at EGX Rezzed just 24 hours later.
HyperParasite offers rad visuals, fast paced action, tight controls and is set in the bodacious 80s. The game features 60 different classes, all of which you can control, exploiting their own attributes, weapons and moves, to present a game of outrageous action and rip-roaring brawling at is very best. The game is laced with a comical slant which adds spice and fun with an incredible synth-wave soundtrack that’ll bring players, and their mullets, straight back to the 80s!
In HyperParasite, it’s the dude you control that is packed with the boom, no more scrabbling for weaponry and panicking at a boss encounter. With 60 different characters to take control of, players may snatch the best host body for the scenario and kick butt!
“We’re finally ready to bring everyone kicking and screaming back to the 1980s with HyperParasite on Steam Early Access. It will be available for $8.99 for everyone to enjoy and give us feedback via the Steam forums and our Discord channel!”, said Saverio Caporusso, CEO of Trologbytes Games. “We’re thrilled to also announce we’ll be at EGX Rezzed where members of the press, influencers and fans of the 80s can get hands on with the HyperParasite”.
Exciting Features Include:
- Unique twist on the genre: jump from one host body to another
- 60 different playable character classes, each with their own unique attacks and gameplay style
- Dozens of skills and unique items
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated aesthetic
- Original synth-wave soundtrack with tracks from Van Reese and Joe Kataldo (The Last Night)
- Procedurally generated levels that will challenge even the most seasoned of players
- Two HyperParasites means twice the fun! Co-op mode: how will the humans handle double the threat?
About Troglobytes Games
A small independent video game development studio based in Barcelona, Spain, founded by both industry veterans and young talents. We love playing and creating video games. Our mission is to create innovatively high quality games on various platforms using the latest in technology, while primarily focusing on storytelling and aesthetics.
About Hound Picked Games
Hound Picked Games specialise in teaming up with developers and co-publishing the quintessential indie games. Learn more: https://www.houndpicked.com