The tech savvy IRON BLOOD make waves in AZUR LANE: CROSSWAVE for the NINTENDO SWITCH!
LOS ANGELES, CA., January 5, 2021 – The Iron Blood faction is ready to lay down the law! In this week’s update for the 3D action shooter, Azur Lane: Crosswave, we introduce the Iron Blood’s playable ships! The game will launch physically and digitally on the Nintendo Switch™ February 16, 2021 in North America and February 19, 2021 in Europe!
Did you know the Nintendo Switch version of Azur Lane: Crosswave contains new additional content? The following have been added to the Switch release:
- Taihou and Formidable, formerly DLC for the PS4/Steam version, are included as playable characters! Both come with 3 support characters each and additional story content.
- An updated Photo Mode: You can now pose up to 6 characters instead of 3 for more photo shoot fun! Get creative with new extended camera angles.
About the Iron Blood:
A military empire located in the middle of the Eurora continent, in which an aristocratic council takes on administrative duties.
Many excellent scientists are enlisted, and they’ve focused on the development of Siren technology. As a result, they outclass other nations in terms of AI controlled tech and biotechnology.
Their rigging, a concentration of their technology, are autonomous units mimicking living creatures. Though they can’t speak, they have self-awareness, and are connected to their ship’s consciousness.
A member of the Iron Blood whose nickname is “Zed.” She’s always looking for ways to improve herself, and she’s also passionate about research. She’s very critical of herself and others, but will always give praise to those who she deems as worthy. She’s often found acting as a commander in battle. She was chosen to represent the Iron Blood in the Joint Military Exercise by her peers. She’s doing her very best to rise to the occasion and lead her friends to victory.
Bismarck is the leader of the Iron Blood fleet, but she disappeared from the frontline after the official battle against Hood and Rodney of the Royal Navy. She’s kept a watchful eye on the Sirens since they appeared, and was somehow able to gain access to the Siren’s technology. She’s calm and generally keeps to herself, so some mistake her as being cold-blooded, but, on the contrary, she is very passionate. She didn’t want the Iron Blood to get involved with the Joint Military Exercise, but Kaga and Bismarck’s younger sister convinced her to take part. What Bismarck will experience from the event is yet to be understood…
An Iron Blood elite who knows her way around the advanced technology that her nation has researched. Her aura is seen as mature and alluring. Outside of missions, she is very free willed, making it hard to predict what she may be thinking in any moment. As soon as she engages in battle, however, she annihilates without mercy. It’s hard to know why she thinks the way she does. Her older sister, Admiral Hipper, is always on her case. She joins the Joint Military Exercise to oversee Z23 and to ensure that their place in the world will not be marred by whatever is to come.
About Azur Lane (mobile)
Azur Lane is a side-scrolling shooter created by Shanghai Manjuu and Xiamen Yongshi, originally released in China 2017 for iOS and Android platforms. The mobile game reached critical acclaim in China and Japan, hitting five million players within its first four months. The Shanghai-based publisher, Yostar, published the Japanese and English version of the mobile game, popularizing the game to more mobile users across the world. The game takes place in a world where personified battleships from around the globe engage in side-scrolling shooter gameplay.
About Azur Lane: Crosswave
In this high-octane 3D Action Shooter, historical battle ships come to 3D life with the help of the Unreal Engine! Control a fleet of cute, but devastating characters and bring any enemy to their knees! Newcomers and returning fans of Azur Lane can play in 4 game modes, including the 100+ battles of Extreme Battle Mode!
Will you be able to sail your fleet to victory, or will you sink into the ocean?
- Living in a 3D World –Azur Lane mobile, the beloved side-scrolling shooter, is now retrofitted for the Nintendo Switch™ as a cel-shaded, 3D action shooter with the help of Unreal Engine! Recruit over 50+ ship girls to help lead your fleet to victory. In the Nintendo Switch version, play through Story Mode through the lens of newcomers Shimakaze and Suruga, plus Taihou and Formidable!
- Switch it Up with 4 Game Modes –Commanders can choose from 4 different game modes! Story Mode includes 7 chapters through the lenses of Shimakaze and Suruga, plus 2 additional story chapters with newcomers, Taihou and Formidable. In Extreme Battle Mode, choose from 100+ challenging fleets to battle for rare items and special materials. Capture new memories in Photo Mode! Just like the original release, players can change backgrounds, adjust facial expressions and poses! Now on the Nintendo Switch, choose up to 6 characters with freshly updated camera angles. Episode Mode includes 50+ sub-stories that deliver bonus character backgrounds!
- Arm Your Armada –Before setting sail, beef up your characters by equipping them with rare items found after a successful battle or by crafting items at Akashi’s Laboratory. Here, Commanders can exchange blueprints to create new gear, convert materials into rare items, and earn rewards. Experiment with different fleet arrangements to gain special Fleet Effects that can provide in-game stat bonuses.
- Ready, Aim, Fire –Control, aim, and fire at incoming battleships, aircraft carriers, and other enemies! Depending on the character’s subtype, players can dash to evade attacks or activate defensive shields, unleash torpedoes or aircrafts, and switch-on character-specific special attacks to defeat unruly enemies!